Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Detox Day 4 - Y2012Q1

I am halfway finished with this detox. My urges are not as strong today.

I picked up pretzels and chocolate for the SharePoint training class this morning. Surprisingly, I did not have an urge to puncture the bag of pretzels and choked them down. I have an affinity for savory snacks. I can skip the sweets but potato chips, tortilla chips, cured meats (bacon, prosciutto, and such) are my weakness.

For lunch, I watched Becky eat my favorite dish from the cafeteria, Orange Chicken. I always get the Orange Chicken or the spicy wings, depending on which day I am there. I didn't even salivate at her food. Nope, not this day. Instead, I was focusing on my tasty sushi roll that hit the spot! I asked the sushi chef if he could make a vegetable roll with no rice. He looked at me like I was crazy, "no, rice! uh... okay" and continuously shook his head, mumbling "just get a salad" while he made my roll. But the salad bar doesn't have avocado and seaweed.

I was having a hard time planning dinner for Friday night since I always get sushi. Now I know what I'll be ordering, three vegetable rolls sans the rice at Ziki for sushi night!


Breakfast: soy protein shake, Naked green machine
Lunch: mixed green salad with asparagus and tomatoes, vegetable roll, soy protein shake
Dinner: stir fry mixed vegetables
Snack: banana, apple sauce, roasted seaweed

Vegetable roll, with no rice
Mixed Vegetables: green peppers, red peppers, zucchini, egg plant, tomatoes, garlic

No comments:

Post a Comment