Thursday, January 2, 2014

LC Cheese Crostini

I have not missed bread that much since I've been on my low-carb diet but I do miss the convenience of making sandwiches for lunch. I wanted to make a loaf of low-carb bread for sandwiches. So I searched the net to find a recipe.

Well, I found one that looked pretty good and very easy to make. Then I made it. Oh, does it not taste like the way it looked. So, instead of throwing away the whole loaf, I turned it into delicious cheese crostini.

Whole portion is 2085 calories, 24g net carbs, 147g fat, 73g protein.
Each piece is 174 calories, 2g net carbs, 12g fat, 6g protein.

Ingredients
1 loaf low-carb bread
1 tspn olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
4 slices provolone cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp Italian seasoning

Instructions
Heat oven to 375F
Place slices of bread on a baking sheet lined with foil, brush/spray olive oil onto each slice of bread, sprinkle garlic powder on them. 
Cut the slices of provolone cheese into 3 parts and place them onto each slice of bread.
Sprinkle parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning over each slice.

Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and cheese is bubbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment